Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Another C&J Experience: Flourescent Lighting: Benefits of T8 over T12 Lamp...: Fact: Electric lighting accounts for approximately 25 percent of all the energy used in buildings, period. Instead of simply flipping ...
Electric lighting accounts for approximately 25 percent of all the energy used in buildings, period. Instead of simply flipping the switch off, one way to cut back on this energy consumption is to install fluorescent lights in place of incandescent or halogen lighting. If you are using T12 lights in your place of business or home, making the switch to T8 fluorescent lighting will save the most in energy and
- Retrofitting lamps from T12 bulbs to T8 bulbs is cost-effective
- Transitioning from T12 to T8 4- foot lamps usually costs about $20 per lamp, parts and labor included
- Installing T8 bulbs usually results in a five to seven year payback period in a commercial setting
- If you cannot upgrade all at once, upgrade as old T12 lamps burn out
- More light, longer life, and less wattage coverts to less cost